Health & Safety is paramount on our projects. We pride ourselves on our Health & Safety record and are fully committed to continually assessing the health and safety aspects of the workplace and work activities.
Our Contract Managers are CITB SMSTS trained and Supervisors are CITB SSSTS trained. Both are trained First Aiders. All of our site management and operatives hold CSCS cards
We have a positive attitude and responsibility towards the mental wellbeing of our staff, with 2 qualified Mental Health First Aiders in our team.
We are fully committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all our employees and others who may be affected by our activities working as a specialist flooring contractor in the construction industry in the UK. The nature of this industry means that our employees may be exposed to risks from other trades working on site in a constantly changing environment and we recognise the need to work together to ensure that we achieve an excellent health and safety culture and continually improving health and safety performance. We will implement health and safety arrangements for COVID-19 in line with Health & Safety legislation and follow government guidelines. We will ensure that Health & Safety will not be compromised for other objectives.
Specifically we will achieve this through:
• Eliminating or managing our risks as far as reasonably practicable
• Fully integrating risk based health and safety requirements into our company management system
• Planning our projects to ensure that we provide suitable resources to effectively manage health and safety and achieve our objectives
• Providing our managers and employees with the necessary premises, training and equipment to enable them to carry out their work in a safe and healthy manner
• Engaging employees through effective communication and consultation on health and safety
• Working proactively with Main Contractors and other trades to deliver an Incident and Injury Free environment
• Reporting and investigating incidents openly to understand the root causes and to ensure we develop a learning organisation
• Proactively monitoring performance and reviewing our systems to identify opportunities for improvement.
Managing Director Rees Flooring
18 May 2021