We recognise that our activities have the potential to have an adverse impact on the environment and society as a whole. We take our environmental and social responsibilities seriously and are committed to the precautionary principle and understanding those environmental aspects and impacts of our operations that are significant and to taking actions to mitigate them so that we do not prejudice future generations through unsustainable practices.
We aim to achieve this through:
• Working with manufacturers to source environmentally friendly, ethical and sustainable products, and influencing clients to specify these
• Only purchasing timber products on evidence of Chain of Custody from the supplier
• Our commitment to operating a management system in accordance with the requirement of the PEFC standard to ensure correct implementation and maintenance of the PEFC chain of custody process.
• Measuring our carbon footprint and taking actions to offset this through national established programmes
• Re-using and Recycling of waste materials where possible
• Disposing of waste in accordance with legislation and fully complying with Site Waste management Plans
• Planning our operations to identify opportunities to minimise emissions to the atmosphere and noise; especially planning deliveries to site and to continually improve our environmental performance
• Participation in local community initiatives
Our specific targets for 2021 to 2022 are:
• To simplify our Aspects & Impacts Register.
We will regularly review this policy and our environmental performance to ensure we maintain good practice and adopt new initiatives as appropriate. We will communicate this policy and our requirements to all managers and employees and ensure they are provided with skills and support to effectively achieve our objectives.
Managing Director Rees Flooring
15 December 2021